- Effective self-cleaning is one of the most convenient features of Gaggenau's built-in ovens.
- The conventional pyrolytic self-cleaning function offers 3 pyrolytic times (2, 2 1/2, or 3 hours) depending on the level of cleaning required.
- The pyrolytic procedure is optimized for excellent cleaning and minimum energy consumption.
- The high-temperature pyrolytic self-cleaning program burns off the splashes and residues left behind by cooking food.
- A quick wipe around the interior with a damp cloth once the oven has cooled down should be all the cleaning you need to do.
- The pyrolytic self-cleaning program is set using the timer.
- The oven door locks automatically during this process.
- The speckled blue porcelain coating repels just about everything, so a quick wipe around with a damp sponge and a little cleanser is quite sufficient to keep the oven clean after normal use.
- A special porcelain coating takes the work out of looking after the oven's broil pan and baking tray too.
Digital Clock and Automatic Cooking Timer
- The automatic cooking timer allows you to program a cooking start time and a duration up to 24 hours in advance.
- Therefore, you can put a prepared roast of meat in the oven in the morning, for example, and remove it cooked and ready just when you need it.
- The digital clock also functions as a short-period alarm timer.
- It operates independently of the oven function selected, so you can use it to time things heating on the stove or even simply to remind you to do something.
Air Cleaning Catalyst
- It is not normally possible to expel air from the oven directly to the outside, so the only way to keep the cooking air fresh is to clean it.
- Here too, Gaggenau leads the way.
- Their novel catalyst-based air cleaning system for ovens removes grease and odors from the air and, since it is self-regenerating, has an almost unlimited lifetime.
Precise Temperature Setting
- The oven temperature control covers the 120 - 570°F range in 5 or 10°F increments.
- Such fine control makes it easy to change temperatures during cooking, so you can start a roast on a high temperature to brown and crisp the outside and finish it off at a lower heat to keep the inside tender and pink.
- The needle tip of the meat probe, available in most Gaggenau ovens, inserts into the center of the item being roasted or baked to measure the core temperature.
- The result is shown on the illuminated display.
- When the core temperature reaches the figure selected at the start of cooking (no higher than 210°F), an intermittent alarm sounds and the oven heating switches off automatically.
ThermoTest Actual Temperature Display
- The actual temperature display shows the exact temperature inside the oven.
- Refer to it after raising or lowering the set temperature, for example, to check on heating or cooling progress and to find out when the oven has settled at the new temperature.
- Gaggenau's SuperQuick control activates hot air heating and the lower heating element together to dramatically reduce preheating times.
- All current EB 200, EB 300 and EB 900 series ovens feature SuperQuick control.
Child and Vacation Lock
- The child lock is set with a combination of buttons and control knobs, preventing little hands from switching the oven on by accident.
- The vacation lock shuts off the heat if the oven is left on for more than 12 hours without the controls being touched.
Universal Heating System
- Typical of Gaggenau ovens, the universal cooking system provides up to eleven alternatives from which to select the ideal cooking mode for baking, roasting, heating, broiling and browning.
- A convection system with a circular heating element and fan ensures that the heat is evenly distributed through the oven in the convection mode.
- The conventional lower heating element may be used in combination with convection heating or the upper heating element or on its own.
- The upper heating element may be likewise be used alone if required.
- The optional baking stone opens up additional possibilities.
- Very little food residue bakes onto this special, speckled blue enameling.
- In most cases a simple sponge soaked in water with detergent suffices for cleaning after normal oven operation.
- The Clean-Enamel surface of the grill pan and baking inserts are also easy to clean.
Cooled Housing with Temperature Protection
- Gaggenau ovens feature temperature protection against overheating of the built-in appliance and surrounding kitchen units.
- Automatic housing cooling switches on as needed, even after the oven is turned off.
- The fan system is virtually silent.
Heat-Insulated Door with Multiple-Fold Glazing
- The multiple glazing has four layers of glass.
- The temperature on the outer pane remains low, even when the pyrolytic process is at maximum power.
Cutout Width: 33 7/8 Inch
Cutout Depth: 22 1/16 Inch
Cutout Height: 18 11/16 Inch
Exterior Width: 36 Inch
Exterior Depth: 21 5/8 Inch
Exterior Height: 18 7/8 Inch